WELCOME FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Welcome from the Director of Admissions and External Relations
The Lady Elizabeth School is one of Spain’s leading private international schools, delivering the British curriculum in a privileged setting on the Mediterranean coast.
The education our pupils receive is focused on discovering and developing their full potential. We offer a high standard of education in all subjects in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Endorsed by the most prestigious national and international accrediting bodies, our educational project offers a complete academic program for students from one to eighteen years of age, preparing them to enter any university in the world and to be able to face the professional challenges they may face in the future.
Our school has an international vocation which is reflected in the 50 different nationalities we work with. Enrolment is open all year round, so students can enroll at any time.
We have extensive experience in helping students adapt to their new environment: we know how to make them feel welcome and at home as soon as they arrive, regardless of their age or nationality.
We invite you to make an appointment to visit our facilities and obtain all the information you need to join The Lady Elizabeth School community, or you can also request the information you need by telephone or email.
I will be happy to assist you personally and help you with the admission procedure as with the process of your child´s adjustment upon their arrival.
Thank you very much for your interest in The Lady Elizabeth School and I look forward to welcoming you in person.
Director of Admissions and External Relations
Complete and return the Registration Form in full.
Payment of the Registration Fee (€1,150 non-refundable). Please send proof of payment and keep in mind that they payment of the registration fee does not guarantee enrolment.
- A copy of the NIE, DNI, Passport or Proof of Birth of the pupil.
- A copy of the NIE, DNI or Passport (only in case of not having NIE or DNI) of the student’s parents.
- A copy of the school reports of the last two academic years translated into English or Spanish. Students who have been in a Spanish school need to provide a copy of the school reports from 1st ESO or Graduado en ESO in case they have passed 4th ESO. In addition, students who will be attending A Level at our school need to provide a copy of their Secondary School Certificate from their home country.
- If your child receives educational support/reinforcement, has a psycho-pedagogical report, and/or attends psycho-pedagogical or speech therapies, you MUST provide all evaluation reports and/or school evaluations.
- Medical certificate and photocopy of vaccinations.
- A test will be carried out to assess the student’s level of English and Mathematics. The results of both tests are the property of The Lady Elizabeth School and will not be shared with parents or students.
- Only when all the documents required up to this step are received, the Head of Primary or Head of Secondary will recommend offering a the child a place at The Lady Elizabeth School.
- The Head of School will make the final decision, based on the recommendation and after an in-person or virtual interview.
- A formal Offer Letter, signed by the Head of School, will be sent to the family, together with the Acceptance Form and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for parents.
- The place will remain reserved for 10 days (from the received date of the Offer Letter). If acceptance is not confirmed within the time allowed, the place may be offered to another student (Please contact the College for admission information).
- To reserve your place, the Acceptance Form must be completed, signed, and returned to the Director of Admissions, along with proof of payment of the deposit (€500 EU/€2,000 NON EU) which is refundable provided that one term’s notice is given in writing and all fees have been paid up to that point.
- The Form of Payment document, which will indicate how the fees will be paid, must be completed, signed, and returned.
After the offer has been formalised, the Admissions Department will send the Letter of Acceptance signed by the Head of School, together with the following documents which may be required to apply for the VISA.
You will be given a Welcome Pack containing a number of documents/forms which must be completed and returned to the Director of Admissions before the first day of school.
There are no pre-requisites for a child applying for a place at Foundation.
If a child has special needs, the SEN Department (Special Educational Needs Department) will be involved in the admissions process to ensure that The Lady Elizabeth School can provide the required support. If the school does not have adequate resources to meet the needs, the family will be informed and alternatives will be recommended.
When applying for a place for a child in Primary, The Lady Elizabeth School requires all previous school reports.
We will offer the pupil to come to school for a Taster Day to learn more about the school and to ensure a smooth transition.
Students applying for Year 4 onwards will be required to take an Online Placement Instrument (OPI) from the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) to assess their level in Maths and English. The results of this online assessment are immediate and will be attached to the application form.
Primary students will be offered a place at The Lady Elizabeth School if it is agreed that the school can meet the student’s learning needs.
Students applying for a place in Secondary will be required to provide their primary school report cards from the previous two years.
Applicants will be asked to take an Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) Online Placement Instrument (OPI) to assess their level in Mathematics and English. The results of this online assessment are immediate and will be attached to the application form.
Prospective students will be invited to attend a Taster Day at The Lady Elizabeth School. The Head of Secondary will collect information about the pupil’s academic standards and involvement with the program and communicate this information to the Admissions Department. If a child is unable to attend, alternative arrangements, such as virtual interviews will be scheduled to find out more about the child’s talents and interests as part of the admissions process.
Students applying for a place in Secondary Key Stage 4 must provide The Lady Elizabeth School with their previous two years’ school reports.
Applicants will be asked to complete an Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) Online Placement Instrument (OPI) to assess their level in Mathematics and English. The results of this online assessment are immediate and will be attached to the application form.
Prospective students will be invited to attend a Taster Day at The Lady Elizabeth School. The Head of Secondary will collect information about the pupil’s academic standards and involvement with the program and communicate this information to the Admissions Department.
If a child is unable to attend, alternative arrangements, such as virtual interviews will be scheduled to find out more about their talents and interests (as well as their preferences for GCSE courses) as part of the admissions process.
Pupils applying for a place in the 6th form of Secondary must provide The Lady Elizabeth School with the previous two years’ school reports.
Applicants will be required to take an entrance test in Mathematics and English if they have not reached the required national standard in these subjects. The choice of subjects may be limited depending on their previous examination results.
The Head of Sixth Form will interview prospective students (preferably in-person, although virtual options are possible) and, in conjunction with the Head of Secondary, will forward their comments to the Admissions Department.